Site Evaluation Summary

Site Evaluation Presentation Summary:

For my first site visit, I presented Mr. G who is an 88-year-old male with a PMHx of HTN/HLD, cardiac ischemia, seizure disorder, BPH, Depression, PTSD and Vascular dementia, who complained of chest pain after new medication he received. After EKG testing, D-dimer testing and monitoring, it turned out that the chest pain Ms. G was experiencing was due to anxiety attack which was triggered by the new medication he was receiving rather than an MI. My site-evaluator suggested to work on my assessment and plan a bit more and to make sure my HPI was consistent with my ROS. For my second and third H&P that I presented, I showed more improvement in those areas that I just mentioned above, however for these 2 H&Ps, my site-evaluator commented that I needed to work more on my physical assessment and come up with better differential diagnosis. One specific comment that my site-evaluator made was that we don’t necessarily need to have 5 differential diagnosis, but only put those DDX that could definitely be a possibility.
The article I selected to present to my site-evaluator was a systematic review which was published in 2017 with the title of “Seasonal influenza vaccination in patients with COPD”. My site-evaluator liked the article, especially since it related to most of the patients that I saw during my time at the VA. My site-evaluator asked about the method and the population size of this study, what were the conclusion of such study and how does it relate to my current patients. In conclusion we both agreed that the article was right in giving seasonal influenza vaccination to pts with COPD.
For my 10 pharm cards, I tried to select all drugs that I saw the most during my rotation at the VA. Most of the drugs I presented were related to dementia, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, COPD and heart failure.
Overall this was a great experience and I received very helpful tips and comments from my site-evaluator.